IMPORTANT - Please read all of the points below.
All members of the household, including children, MUST be entered in the application.
- None of your information is publicly available and will only be shared with the student and their parents.
- This includes any person who stays overnight in the family home.
- A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all members of the household aged 16 or over.
- Your profile is sent to students and their parents once they have been placed with you, giving them their first impression of your family and home.
- We may need to share your details with AEGIS for accreditation purposes and other government agencies. eg. Social Services. We will never share your details for any other purpose.
If you have any questions, please either email email@example.com or call us on +44 3 458 686 688
Are you currently hosting or have you hosted students for WHG in the past?
If the answer is yes to either of these, please DO NOT COMPLETE A NEW APPLICATION.
If you have not hosted for WHG before and would like to apply, you will need the following:
- An image of your current GasSafe certificate
- Images of all drivers' licenses
- Details of DBS checks, that are less than 3 years old
- The name and email address of two people for references, one professional and one personal
- Four photos of yourself and the members of your household, if possible including pets
- Four photos of your home: the front of the house, the main social area, the bedroom where the student will be staying and the back garden
- Photos need to be clear, in focus and taken in good light
- All photos must be in landscape format (wide and not tall)
- Photos must be a suitable quality for print
- Please ensure that all members of your household are clearly visible in at least one photo
- The first photo of your family will be used as the cover on your host family profile
- This will be the first impression of your family, so make it a good one!